Kurisu is an 18-year-old female with hip-length mahogany hair (red in the anime) and bright blue irises. She prefers to let her hair hang loose.
She has an unusual fashion statement, with her outfit being composed of a white long-sleeved blue-rimmed dress shirt. Her shirt is tucked into a pair of black shorts, held up by a white belt with a gold buckle. Her red tie hangs loosely around her belt, and she wears a long khaki sweater that covers her upper thighs, and has black and white straps at the end of both sleeves and the rim, these black straps are used to keep the entire jacket on her arms. She also wears thick black tights and a pair of black boots to complete her outfit.
Once "recruited" into the Future Gadgets laboratory, Okabe gave her Daru's white lab coats that he never uses and is often seen wearing one while in-lab. She is rather short, being 160cm at age 18
Unlike people of her age, Kurisu has shown a more mature attitude, usually calm and collected even when someone is acting tense in front of her. However, she can also show a much more timid side at times. She has been described as a tsundere by Rintaro Okabe and Itaru Hashida time and time again. She has proven to be greatly annoyed by Okabe's paranoid tendencies.
Though she's hesitant to admit it, she's a frequent user of the text board @Channel, donning the identity "KuriGohan and Kamehameha". Rintarou likes to trick her into admitting this habit, much to her chagrin. When posting on @channel her personality is noticeably different, as she often uses Netspeak or emoticons to communicate and her posts are generally much less mature than her usual dialogue.
She soon develops feelings for Okabe. In the light novels and drama cds, Kurisu is shown to be upset about her small bust size, to the point where she will angrily yell at people if they even allude to it.
The Death of Kurisu MakiseEdit
Makise Kurisu first meets Rintarou Okabe at the Akihabara Radio Hall, claiming to have seem him 15 minutes earlier. She is later found by Rintarou lying in a pool of blood, and Rintarou texts Itaru about it.
After everone's memories apparently disappear, Rintarou meets her, apparently in perfect health, at a lecture. He touches her hair in an attempt to verify that she is actually alive, and they argue until Kurisu has to begin the lecture. At the beginning of the seminar, she claims that time machines are impossible, resulting in Rintarou challenging her claim, and she turns the lecture into a discussion.
John Titor and Futuristic Gadget #8Edit
- Okabe gives Kurisu several nicknames over the course of Steins;Gate, only calling her by her real name in serious situations. Kurisu's most frequent nicknames are "Assistant" or "Christina" (by adding '-tina' to 'Kurisu'), but Okabe also calls her "The Zombie", "Money Bags", "Celeb Seventeen" (sometimes shortened to "Celeb Sev").
- In the anime Robotics;Notes during episode 15, Kurisu's @channel handle "KURI_KAME KuriGohan and Kamehameha" is seen posting on "Twipo" on December 20th, 2019 at 10:05am about the differences between and limitations of 2D and 3D.
- Like many other anime girls (and some guys), Kurisu entered Saimoe Contests.
- Kurisu is the Japanese pronunciation of the western name Chris. This is likely the origin of her nickname Christina.
- Kurisu has TWO separate endings associated with her. While they both focus on her relationship with Rintarou, only one of them will lead to the true outcome of the game (Mayuri saved).